Wednesday, April 10, 2013

HTC Ozone

My first "smart" phone was the HTC Ozone, a Windows 6.1 phone. It's build quality impressed me, so much so that I can't think of getting something other than an HTC phone now (current one is an HTC Droid Incredible 2). The nice thing about the Ozone is that it is a world phone; GSM and CDMA. I tried it in Australia with another sim card, but it didn't seem to work. I think there is some Verizon bullshit you have to do before it works in another country. But I did use the wifi in Europe when it was still my main phone. A good phone either way in places where you wouldn't mind losing it or having it stolen. As these old smart phones of ours become more common, i'm starting to think of what to do with them besides making phone calls. I'm always trying to add more cameras to our home surveillance network, and a smart phone as webcam/surveillance actually makes alot of sense. There is even some software for crusty Windows 6.x phones I might try.

No comments:

Post a Comment